Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break

Makayla is on spring break this week and early next week. we initially wanted to take a trip to cinque terra, italy but after some simple math with euros and dollars, we decided to postpone the trip until the dollar comes back a bit. (which to my swedish friend replied - "oh, you mean in 15 years?" - nice.) so we have many activities scheduled to keep ourselves from going crazy from boredom. today was a first real spring weather, we decided to plant some flowers in the garden. though apparently, you shouldn't plant anything until may since the weather in april is super unpredictable. . . . we'll see if it'll last.
makayla picking out flowers

ofcourse she picked purple and pink flowers - her favorite colors at the moment. i now realize why it's so hard to find non-pink clothes for girls. mak is starting to be picky with what she wears and refuses to wear all the classy browns and blacks i have for her - and only demands pink, hot pink, pale pink and occasionally purple. yikes. what to do with all her fabulous neutrals? if there's a girl who's only into neutrals, i'd like to meet her and give her half of mak's wardrobe. . . .

ethan carrying the tray of flowers - doesn't he look so grown-up here?

watering the fruit of our labor

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jamie said...

Awww...child labor already, how cute. I really do miss them; they both have great smiles. Make sure they don't forget me!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG, Ethan does look so grown up there!

Sueen Kelsey said...

Look at Mak's sweet smile. Sweet girls deserve pink! :) So now you're planting flowers... What's next? How about tomatoes?

: fish said...

can u show me tips on flower planting...i am intimidated to try but our house desperately needs it!

Sojourner said...

Okay, so I obviously should not rely on flogblog but check your actual website, wow, see how many blogs I missed! Btw, you may want to up the amount of blogs you can show on flogblog or delete some of your older ones so that the newer ones can be updated.
Isn't it amazing how kids grow so fast. Mak is so beautiful and Ethan getting more handsome. Yeah, the pink faze, Jana was in the pink faze for a long long time and then she started liking blue (so don't worry ), and gee, I love neutral, if my body can fit into Mak's clothing I'll wear those clothes but that would be scary, huh?? And those potteries!!! They are so beautiful, take the opportunity and collect them. You can have complete sets for both of your kids when they get married (heirloom sort of a thing:-)

Sojourner said...

Oops, I can't believe I put "faze" what I meant of phase. It's my kids' influence, Jana has been saying "I'm going to glam myself" "I'm glamming my barbies"....

Jin said...

Mak and Ethan look so grown up. I miss them so much. When they come this summer, I'll make sure to hire them for some yard work. ;)

ewhee said...

mak is getting prettier and prettier as she grows up. i heard the whole family will be here to visit in the summer. yea!!