Sunday, January 27, 2008

yogo

it's been very gloomy and cold here lately. my friend told me about this yoga instructor who can come to your house for a lesson. i was all over it since the only muscle that's been challenged in any way since our arrival here has been my aging brain trying to discern 9 from 10 in polish. my friend told me that it's pretty rigorous so i thought i needed to practice a bit before i dive into an hour class. good thing i did. i can barely do 15 minutes without feeling nauseous. so i've been trying to regularly do yoga as soon as i wake up (since having any food or even water makes me queezy) i also realized that having a hairy old male instructor doesn't really motivate me (i.e. dvd borrowed from a friend) so i've been doing it with this attractive model on youtube - yay for youtube. so since i kick everyone out of the computer room while i do it, it ofcourse peaked my kids curiousity. ever since then, they've been into "yogo" as they call it. they insist on using my mat as well watch the video while they do it. so here are some moves they did on their own without any coaching. i think that yogo is a way to go for mak, not ballet!

p.s. we're off to amsterdam on tuesday!

warm up
there's got a be name for this pose!
ethan downward dog with one leg up
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sojourner said...

hahahaha!!! too cute! i first thought "yogo" was a typo. blamed you being in poland for this typo :-) you guys should continue the family "yogo" time, but i guess you need your own time also...

Ellen said...

gotta check out youtube myself...thanks

gnusharas said...

ethan is quite graceful-looking!!
i took a couple of classes of "hot" yoga and it was so hard. I was so so so nauseous...

jamie said...

Oh my gosh...I see the future: A brother/sister Chinese Korean Polish American figure skaters!